People looking for dental implants in or near Auburn often call our dental office looking to get information about dental implants. After confirming that Central New England Dental Associates does offer dental implants, they then usually ask “How much do dental implants cost?”. The person answering the phone would love nothing more than to provide the exact cost, but that’s essentially impossible since there are so many factors that influence cost.
Before we get into the the factors that go into the cost of dental implants, there are three things you need to know:
- Yes, dental implants are high cost, but also high value. You should be suspicious of anyone offering cheap dental implants near Auburn or abroad.
- Dental implants are used to restore the function and esthetics of the mouth for the long term. This is a surgery that people get daily benefit from for years to come. With the right dentist and the right implant, research has shown an extremely high survival rate of dental implants 10 years after surgery.
- There are payment options available that make dental implants affordable and accessible to many patients. Additionally you and your dentist can partner to find a treatment plan that works for your budget.
Now that we’ve covered that, let’s look at the factors that determine the cost of dental implant surgery:
- Skill of the dentist placing the implants – Central New England Dental Associates has assembled a group of dental specialists called ‘prosthodontists’ in their Auburn dental office. These dentists have received additional years of schooling compared to general dentists. Their training includes placing dental implants and restoring oral function and esthetics in a comprehensive way. Their focus is on having the dental work they create look and feel natural in the patient’s mouth. One of the prosthodontists at Central New England Dental Associates has even written his thesis about dental implants. Contrast this with getting dental implants with a general dentist, where research has revealed that the implant success rate is actually lowered than when done by a specialist.
- How many implants need to be placed – As one might expect, the more dental implants need to be placed the higher the cost will be. Luckily, when replacing several teeth in a row or when replacing a whole arch of teeth, fewer implants are needed than the number of teeth actually being replaced. Dentists often fit a whole row of teeth on just four implants.
- Bone levels at the implant site – If a tooth or teeth have been missing for a while, the bone that used to support them starts getting absorbed by the body in a process called resorption. If too much bone has resorbed, the patient may need to have an additional procedure to build up the bone at the site of the dental implant.
- Dental implant brand and quality – It’s easy to forget how much research and development goes into the highest end dental implant brands or the stringent quality and safety standards that go into manufacturing them. The highest quality dental implants would cost more than lower quality alternatives. When it comes to something that’s expected to last a lifetime though, ask yourself, would you rather save a few dollars and go with a potentially inferior product or go with the higher end product that has been used and documented extensively.
- Geographic location of where treatment is done – If a friend told you they got dental implants for a certain price in a certain city, you can’t necessarily expect a similar price in Auburn, MA. The cost of living can vary widely from city to city, even within the US, and with it the cost of dental implant surgery.
If you are looking for a highly skilled dentist that places dental implants in Auburn, you need look no further than Central New England Dental Associates. All of the dentists at Central New England Dental Associates are prosthodontists and are dental specialists trained in placing dental implants. These dentists will work closely with you to understand your needs comprehensively and offer you a treatment plan and payment options that work with your needs.